Pages

Friday, 16 March 2012

Blogging for researchers: follow up

Following the recent GSMZ workshop, here are a few posts which might be of help to attendees and other would-be bloggers:

Posting your work in progress on research blogs (Vitae)

Writing for blogs (Andy Coverdale)

On collaborative blogging as a scholarly activity (Ernesto Priego)

'Social Media: Friend or Foe?' (Leicester) provides plenty of advice on copyright issues.

The blogroll (right-hand side) has recently been updated, but I would welcome your own suggestions in the comments below. If any of you have started blogging since the workshop, let me know! It would be good to put together a list of Leicester postgraduate bloggers.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    This is my blog,

    http://www.edgepenguin.com

    which I originally set up as a personal one but decided, after the workshop, that I could include my work with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete! Glad the workshop helped with your decision. I've added you to the blogroll.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the resources. I was aware of the existence of Vitae and PhD2Published, but not of the other two.
    I wrote myself a blogpost on the benefits of a science blog, I hope you find it useful.

    Cheers,
    Julio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julio! I've added your site to the blog list and will encourage science postgrads to check out your advice.

    ReplyDelete