Finding a Journal Impact Factor
- Go to Web of Science
- In Web of Science - Click on the link for Journal Citation Reports at the top of the screen.
- Click on 'Continue without signing in'.
- Start typing the name of the journal and choose from the list that appears:
Remember - not all journals are indexed by the Journal Citation Reports, so not all journals have an impact factor.
- You will then get the Journal Profile, which includes the Impact Factor:
Find the highest impact journal in your area
- Click on Journals By Rank
- Click 'Select Category' and select the subject area closet to your own:
- Click Submit at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to see the journals within the category, ranked by impact factor:
If you are using impact factor to help you choose where to publish then watch our video on
Journal Impact Factors - use and misuse