- Introduction to the library (for those who haven't attended a library induction):
- 12 October, 10am - 11:30am. Library Seminar Rooms. 1st floor.
- 20 October, 10am - 11:30am. Library Seminar Rooms. 1st floor.
- Introduction to Research Data Management
- Introduction to Reference Management
- Planning your literature search
- Conducting your literature search
- Making research information come to you
- PubMed vs Medline
- Finding grey literature
- Tools for note taking
- Who is citing who?
- Copyright & your thesis
- Advanced Endnote
- Advanced RefWorks
These can be booked via PROSE.
If you are unable to attend our face-to-face workshops then we also have online tutorials:
Plan your literature search
Conduct your literature search
Discover how you can use Scopus, Web of Science & Google Scholar to carry out citation searches and set up citation alerts: Who is citing who? And who is citing you? [Video, 18 minutes]
How can we help with your systematic review? [Video, 21 minutes]
Reading list of systematic review resources
Critical Appraisal - a reading list of critical appraisal resources
Keep up to date
Make research information come to you
Get started with RefWorks
EndNote (desktop bibliographic software)
Get started with EndNote
EndNote tutorials [Videos]
Advanced EndNote [PDF]
Data management support for researchers
Introduction to Research Data Management [Video, 8 minutes]
Don't lose your research data! [Video, 34 minutes]